Hey readers, looking to give an assortment of updates and opinions on the Sabres here.
- Evander Kane and Jack Eichel attend WWE Monday Night Raw together, sitting front row. Nothing big here, but it may be of interest to some that they are friends. I happened to be there too.
- Jack Eichel runs away with his opportunity. Ever since the preseason commenced for the Sabres with a win over the Minnesota Wild, Eichel has truly impressed Sabres fans. Night in and night out, he’s found his way onto the scoresheet, making it seem as if he isn’t the 18 year old kid without experience that he is.
- Evan Rodrigues is looking to be a pretty nice signing by the Sabres. He potted two goals against the Leafs on Tuesday and may very well find himself in blue and gold full time in the future.
- Ryan O’Reilly missing the first five games of the season due to court is frustrating. After the buzz of his crime finally is silenced, it comes back to haunt the Sabres faithful. How much will it hurt the team? Likely not that badly as Eichel’s aforementioned performance can hold up the top line slot. I think this guarantees Reinhart a start in the NHL. Either Reinhart, Girgensons or possibly Johan Larsson could fill in the gaping hole in their top six.
- I’m going to put my faith in Lehner that he is at least the level of a goalie such as Corey Crawford. In my opinion, Crawford is not a bad goalie by any means, but is undeniably at least partially a product of his defense. Anyways, Lehner looked shaky against the Senators, but improved quickly.
- Brendan Guhle has been terrific. If he can keep up his impressive performances, there could be a chance he lands on the top pairing with Ristolainen in the future! Looks like Murray hit on this pick.
Well, that’s about it. Thanks for reading!