Okay, Jack Eichel is officially a Sabre and headlined the group of prospects at Sabres development camp. Here are some other prospects that have been somewhat lost in the shuffle after Eichel being drafted.
- Victor Olofsson(F)- Olofsson has incredible speed. He uses this speed very well in the transition game and has an excellent shot. Olofsson has great instincts to go along with his speed and shot. However, he is undersized and will need to become stronger before he makes great strides in development. ETA: 2018.
- Vaclav Karabacek(F)- Karabacek was a real treat to watch during this past week’s development camp. Karabacek possesses a heavy, accurate shot that is very dangerous. Karabacek processes the game at a quick level and is very good in the offensive zone. Karabacek is also very good when it comes to puck battles in the corners. Karabacek’s skating is average so that will need to improve before he can be thought of as a roster bubble player.ETA: 2017.
- Justin Bailey(F)- The Williamsville native had quite a goal in the scrimmage, as he scored from one knee. Bailey is a good skater that can put the puck in the net, and has a big frame. Bailey showed how he can use that big frame as he had a couple of big hits in the prospects scrimmage. Bailey spent this past season with the Kitchner Rangers and Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds where he totaled 69 points in 57 games. ETA:2017.
- Jake McCabe(D)- The former 2nd round pick in 2012 looks like he has the potential to be a top 4 defenseman. McCabe is a great skater and is good at diagnosing plays. You will never see McCabe out of position or defend a play poorly. Overall, McCabe seems he is ready for the NHL. ETA: Opening Night 2015.
- Anthony Florentino(D)- Florentino spent last year at Providence College, where he won a national championship. Florentino is a good skater and has good senses. However, he needs to be able to move the puck better. I think 2-3 years in Rochester will be good for his development. ETA: 2017.
- Hudson Fasching(F)- Fasching is a big power forward with a nose for the net. Fasching uses his big frame and wreaks havoc in front of the net. He also possesses a heavy shot and has a great pair of hands. This will make him useful in the future as a net front presence type of player. After Fasching finishes his NCAA career, a year or two in Rochester would be great for his development. ETA:2019.
- Jason Kasdorf(G)- Kasdorf is the forgotten piece of that blockbuster Evander Kane trade. Kasdorf had a very solid development camp especially in the propects scrimmage. Kasdorf has great recovery speed and always is in position to make that 2nd save if needed. He possesses great rebound control in addition to his other skills. However there is already a crowd when it comes to goalie prospects for the Sabres. ETA: 2018.