1. Connor McDavid C (Selected 1st overall in 2015) – This tough 18 year old is one of the most highly touted prospects to come into the league. His speed is unmatched compared to most players in the league. His ability to make plays at his high speed is the best in the 2015 draft.
I expect him to play on the second line next year
2. Cam Talbot G (Aquired with a 7th round pick for the 57, 79, and 184th overall picks) – The number one priority for the oilers going into this offseason was to improve goaltending and they have done that. Talbot held down the fort while Lundquvist was injured posting a 16-4-3 record a 2.16 GAA and a .929 save percentage over that time.
I expect Talbot to start most of the games next season
3. Andrej Sekera D (Free agent signed on July 1st) – The second priority this off season was to aquire a solid top pairing defenceman. Sekera who turned 29 June 8th played 73 games last season and posted 23 points.
I expect Sekera to play on the top Dpair next year.
4. Griffin Reinhart D (Aquired from the NY Islanders for the 16, and 33rd overall picks) – Reinhart adds even more depth to the oilers prospect pool, the 4th overall pick from 2012 played 8 NHL games last season recording 1 point. He spent most of last season with the Bridgeport sound tigers in the AHL playing 59 games and recording 22 points and a -13 rating.
I expect Reinhart to either play on the 3rd d pair or for the Bakersfield condors in the AHL
5. Mark Letestu C (Free Agent signed on July 1st) – After trading Boyd Gordon for Lauri Korpikoski it left a hole at center. This signing fills this hole and provides more offence than Gordon was providing as well as bringing the same defence as Gordon was.
I expect Letestu to play on the 3rd line.
Follow the blog on Twitter @hockeyscoopblog
Follow me on Instagram ea.logic